In order to be able to enjoy your own home it is not enough that it is equipped with the latest trends; besides this factor, it is imperative that our home always is clean and have a pleasant scent. Our brains recognize and associate different people, objects or places with a certain scent, which is why, often, the atmosphere of our home is one of the aspects that cause us to attach ourselves to it and call it “home”.
Even if you ventilate constantly your home, there are various reasons that cause or contribute to getting an unpleasant odor thereof: animals, mold, food, cigarette smoke, furniture or finishing old are just a few factors that can cause odor. Thus, in order to maintain a pleasant fragrance in the house, it is necessary to find out what causes bad odors.
1. First, for your home to always have a fresh scent it is very important how the cleaning process unfolds. It is imperative that it is aired regularly and, moreover, it is recommended to change linen and towels often, as is a good host for bacteria that produce odors. Besides fresheners that are found in trade, to maintain a cozy scent, you can turn to various natural products such as citrus peels, cinnamon sticks, cloves, lavender oil, mint or fresh cut flowers.
2. The odors caused by mildew are the most difficult to remove. If your home is older, you should consider refinishing the walls, floor and carpeting. Currently on the market are special products available for removing mildew, which does not require rubbing it. Spraying the solution on the affected area in seconds mold will disappear, with no effort.
3. Wood furniture, because it shows a porous consistency, it often takes the smells around it. To get rid of them for a few days is recommended keeping the piece of furniture in a ventilated room or electric fan that has a low humidity. You can also purchase a detergent timber, which will help eliminate bacteria inside the timber, causing all these bad odors.
4. Persistent smell of food can be removed using ingredients such as lemon or vinegar. Often the refrigerator tends to gain odors, you can eliminate them leaving inside it for several hours a sponge soaked in lemon juice or washing it with a mixture of warm water and vinegar. Also, both vinegar, and lemon can be used to get rid of the smell of the food dishes.
5. Also, garbage can, a constant source of odors less agreeable, can be washed with a solution of two tablespoons of baking and a cup of hot vinegar, followed by rinsing.
6. The smell of tobacco and cigarette smoke can become a serious problem, whether in your home someone smokes constantly. Ashtrays can get rid of the smell of cigarettes left if you wash them with water and baking soda, a substance that you can use to get rid of the smell and the dishwasher, if you add the detergent container. Another way to remove the smell of tobacco in corners of the room consists of towels soaked in cold water and squeezed over which you sprinkle some dried mint leaves or lavender.
7. If you have a pet, its smell will permeate throughout the home, items such as curtains or the sofa being the most frequently affected objects. In this case, it is best to acquire cleaning products that do not contain ammonia, or you can realize your own home solution consisting of a mixture of vinegar with two parts water. It is also recommended that chairs, sofa and carpets to be cleaned constantly.
Considering the time spent inside our house, it has an impact on our smells much stronger than the way it was decorated, so you always need to consider keeping a fresh scent.