Because the freezer comes in contact with a lot of food, it must be cleaned thoroughly. Cleaning it is one of the most common activities, which means that occasionally you can reserve a good chunk of time to clean it properly.
Being a long-term storage of food, often we forget what we have stored inside. So, empower yourself with patience before you start cleaning!
Have you ever thought that it is possible to clean it with natural products, which are available to everyone, and especially cheap?
In today’s article, we will talk about how to clean the freezer in 30 minutes with natural products. That is why we need:
1. A cooler (optional)
2. Rubber Gloves
3. Hot Water
7. Baking soda
1. Unplug the freezer.
2. Remove all products from the freezer and store them in the cooler or in a cooled environment.
3. Defrost it, respecting the indications of the type of freezer you have.
4. Remove all detachable parts (shelves, drawers).
5. Prepare a solution of equal parts vinegar and water mixed with one of the hot water mixed with 2 tablespoons of baking soda. Put the solution into a spray bottle and spray the entire surface of the freezer.
The vinegar helps to refresh and disinfect the surfaces, while baking soda absorbs odors and removes stubborn stains. In other words, the perfect combination for a clean and refreshed freezer!
6. With a sponge, wipe the freezer. Reapply the solution whenever needed. If the stain is “stubborn”, allow the solution to act for about 10 minutes on the stain.
7. Thoroughly clean the door and edges. You can use an old toothbrush to clean the door gaskets.
8. Dry it with a towel or some paper towels.
9. When it is completely dry, you can put back the shelves and drawers, clean and dry.
10. Replace all food inside and start it again.
Image Credits: Clean the kitchen