The easiest way to clean and disinfect the washing machine, because this washing “gadget” needs to be cleaned, too, is to use some simple and handy ingredients. These ingredients are non-toxic, and it will clean every piece of the washing machine in the blink of an eye.
You will see that after several months of use, the rubber rings of the front door will have some black stains and the clothes will have a disturbing smell. This is a sign that the washer may be contaminated with mold.
It is the same mold that loves the humidity that can affect the bathroom and the kitchen over time.
How to clean the washing machine with non-toxic products
You can use vinegar, a light acid that can kill 82% of molds and baking soda, a natural substance that also fights with many molds.
– white vinegar
– baking soda
– essential tea tree oil (optional)
– a sponge
– protective gloves
Vinegar is acidic and can easily cause burns if it comes into contact with sensitive skin.
It is also self-evident that you should avoid inhalation of baking powder.
Instructions to clean the washing machine:
– Do not add more than 1 tablespoon of baking soda.
– Dilute the vinegar with water in a 2:1 or 3:1 ratio and pour it into a spray bottle.
– If the smell of vinegar disturbs you, add a few drops of essential oil, such as tea tree oil, lavender or citrus.
– Spray directly on the affected area and leave a few hours to act.
– Then clean the place with a brush and wipe it thoroughly.
– Let the door of the washing machine open to dry completely.
– Run a rinse cycle before use to get rid of the smell of vinegar.
– Repeat these steps every month to avoid exposure to mold.
Image Credits: Chachingqueen